Visiting hundreds of homes each year I see a wide spectrum of house keeping. From “Wow you could eat off these floors” to “Why are my shoes sticking to these floors.” Here are some simple cleaning hacks to make keeping your home clean easier & quick.
- Heat a bowl of water & vinegar for about 5 minutes in your microwave & then wipe away greasy build up from the interior.
- Use baking soda & water on an old toothbrush to scrub tile grout lines.
- You can also clean the gunk out of your Fridge with baking soda & warm water.
- Run sliced lemons & a few ice cubes through your garage disposal to clean & deodorize it.
- Pour half a cup of ammonia in a bowl & leave it in your oven over night to loosen baked on foods. Then wipe away to mess. (use caution & vent the area well!)
- Use car wax on your clean stove top to limit future build up.
- Use an old sock (a clean one!) wet with water & vinegar to wipe off mini blinds. Then use the other dry (& clean!) sock to gently dry the blinds.
- Sprinkle a light layer of baking soda on carpets that have pet odors. Allow to sit for 24 hours & then vacuum. Leave the baking soda in your vacuum for another 24 hours to deodorize it as well.
Use these quick cleaning tips to keep your home clean & healthy! Actually keeping a clean home can even make it more efficient & your systems last longer.